Brandon is the second largest city in Manitoba, set in the scenic Assiniboine River valley. With a population of 46,000 and a trading area of population of 180,000 people, Brandon is a prairie city with a diverse culture.
Brandon has incredibly flexible conference and meeting venues that easily adapt to suit any number of unique requirements. Capable of accommodating intimate meetings or event seating for more than 5,000, most venues offer onsite banquet and catering solutions, equipment rentals and auxiliary services. Their central locations allow quick and easy access to the many recreational opportunities that Brandon has to offer.
The Wheat City has incredible accommodations with modern amenities, and a wide variety of dining options. We also boast event venues ranging from convention facilities, performance venues, and world class sports venues, to agricultural venues, and many unique and intimate hosting options. Our offsite entertainment venues are unique and interesting while still being affordable enough to enjoy during your conference’s downtimes.
Through our newly renovated airport, we have daily non-stop Westjet flights from Brandon to Calgary where you can quickly and conveniently connect to other destinations.
Brandon First: Bringing Events to Brandon
Brandon First works with our base of over 50 community stakeholders to promote Brandon, Manitoba as the best host city for events. We proactively source out events by attending conferences, meetings, sporting events and more to find the ones that are the right fit for our city, our venues and our market. We then work to find a local committee or interested party to pursue these potential leads. We also work with local organizations and committees who already have an idea in mind to bring their targeted event to the City of Brandon.
How can Brandon First help you or your committee?
We are here to help make your event planning easier. Well-connected throughout the City, Brandon First will liaise between you or your planner and the facilities and service providers required to host a successful event.
Brandon First can help with your planning by:
– Obtaining quotes from hotels and facilities for your event, as well as advance blocking of hotel rooms/suites of your choice.
– Supplying event planning guides that provide information on the facilities, a list of resources (companies that wish to do business with event organizers) and visitor information listing Brandon’s many events and attractions.
– Bid development: Brandon first can assist you prepare the best possible bid for your event. This can be an intimidating part of the process. We have expertise in this area and a wealth of resources at our fingertips to put together a more solid bid together with you.
– Event Hosting Grants are available* through the City of Brandon Accommodation Tax Program. Let Brandon First help you with your application, data tracking and final report to help you obtain additional funding to offset the cost of hosting your event. (*certain restrictions apply)
– Partner programming: working with Brandon Tourism, Brandon First can help plan tours and workshops for companions during conferences or conventions.
– Liaising between planner and supplier: we will put you in touch with providers of all types of goods or services you require during your event.
– Providing various mailers or welcome displays for your delegates.
For more details about Brandon First, and what the City of Brandon has to offer your event, please visit our website: www.brandonfirst.com. You can also find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter! You can also contact Executive Director of Brandon First Jackie Nichol directly at 1-204-729-2156 or by email Jackie@brandonfirst.com